workbooks written by Harvey De Groot are meant to supplement De Graaf’s
work. They are divided by volume and level number: 20 volumes with four
levels per volume. Workbook lessons are written at four levels so that
families with students in various grades can study the same Bible
stories during the week in preparation for their classes on Sunday.
Prior to class, the Sunday School teacher should study the lesson in De
Graaf’s book. The teacher and students can go through the workbook
The levels are divided according to the following grades:
•Level One: Grades K-1
•Level Two: Grades 2-3
•Level Three: Grades 4-6
•Level Four: Grades 7-8
Each volume contains 12 or 13 lessons, and each lesson has the following sections:
•Reference: The volume and lesson number in De Graaf’s series.
•Scripture: The passage from Scripture on which the lesson is based.
•Memory Verse: A memory verse related to the lesson
•Lesson Truth: A short statement to help the class focus on the main point of the lesson.
•Lesson: The lesson itself, which the teacher can read in class. For older grades, the teacher may opt to assign it as homework.
•Questions: Items to be discussed in class. For older grades, the teacher can assign these questions as homework but should also use them as a basis for class discussion. These are not the only questions that could or should be asked. Teachers should encourage students to come with their own questions as well.
This edition was written by Harvey De Groot and edited by his son Norlan De Groot.
Download PDF versions of the workbooks for free, or if you like, you can purchase bound copies from Amazon.com.
Volume one contains the following lessons:
1. The Kingdom of God (Gen. 1:1-2:3)
2. The Covenant of God's Favor (Gen. 2:4-25)
3. The Covenant of God's Grace (Gen. 3)
4. Living Seed (Gen. 4)
5. Saved by Water (Gen. 6-9)
6. The Emergence of Distinct Peoples (Gen. 11:1-9)
7. Blessed in The One (Gen. 12)
8. Christ Alone (Gen. 13)
9. Blessed by the Greater (Gen. 14)
10. The Lord in the Covenant (Gen. 15)
11. God Hears (Gen. 16)12. God the Almighty (Gen. 17)
Volume two contains the following lessons:
1. God's Confidant (Gen. 18)
2. The Judge of All the Earth (Gen. 19)
3. The Protection of the Promised Seed (Gen. 20)
4. Divine Good Pleasure (Gen. 21)
5. On the Mount of the Lord (Gen. 22)
6. The Guarantee of the Inheritance (Gen. 23)
7. Loving God for His Own Sake (Job 1)
8. The Lord's Involvement in Human Suffering (Job 2–39)
9. Sanctification unto Renewal (Job 40–42)
10. The Preservation of the Covenant Seed (Gen. 24:1–25:18)
11. Flesh and Spirit (Gen. 25:19-34)12. Rehoboth (Gen. 26)